OFFICE COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
1. Complaint, complainant and complaints officer
In deze kantoorklachtenregeling wordt verstaan onder:
- In this office complaints procedure, the term ‘complaint’ means each written expression of dissatisfaction by or on behalf of the client towards the lawyer (advocaat) or the people working under his/her responsibility in respect of the entering into and performance of a contract for services (overeenkomst van opdracht), the quality of the services or the amount of the invoice, not being a complaint as referred to in Section 4 of the Act on Advocates (Advocatenwet).
- The complainant is the client or his representative who makes a complaint known.
- The complaints officer is the person charged with the handling of complaints.
2. Scope of application
- This office complaints procedure applies to each contract for services between Bond Advocaten and the client.
- Bond Advocaten will handle the complaint in accordance with this office complaints procedure.
The objectives of this office complaints procedure are:
- to record a procedure for handling complaints of clients in a constructive manner within a reasonable period of time;
- to establish a procedure for determining the causes of complaints of clients;
- to preserve and improve existing relations by means of a proper complaint handling;
- to coach employees to respond to complaints in a client orientated manner;
- to improve the quality of the services by means of complaint handling and complaint analysis.
4. Information at commencement of the services
- This office complaints procedure is published at bondadvocaten.nl. By means of the general terms and conditions, prior to entering into the contract for services, client is informed that Bond Advocaten maintains an office complaints procedure applicable to the services.
- Complaints that after handling remain unresolved, may be submitted to the Amsterdam Court.
5. Complaint handling
- Each complaint that a client reports to Bond Advocaten will be passed on to D.P.B. Blijdenstein, who will act as the complaints officer.
- The complaints officer notifies the complaint to the lawyer (advocaat) in respect of whom the compliant is made and offers the complainant and the lawyer (advocaat) the opportunity to give their views.
- The lawyer (advocaat) will attempt to come to a solution with the client, if necessary with the intermediation of the complaints officer.
- The complaints officer deals with the complaint within four weeks from receipt of the complaint. In case this time limit is not met, the complaints officer will inform the complainant and provide an explanation for the delay. The complaints officer will also mention a new term in which the complaint will be assessed.
- The complaints officer informs the complainant and the lawyer (advocaat) in writing of his assessment of the validity of the complaint and can make recommendations.
- If a complaint is settled satisfactorily, the complainant, the complaints officer and the lawyer (advocaat) will sign the written report of the complaints officer on the settlement thereof.
6. Confidentiality and complaint handling free of charge
- The complaints officer and the lawyer (advocaat) in respect of whom the complaint is made will observe confidentiality during the handling of the complaint.
- No compensation is due by the complainant for the costs of handling the complaint.
- The complaints officer is responsible for timely handling the complaint.
- The lawyer (advocaat) in respect of whom the complaint is made keeps the complaints officer informed on his or her contacts with the complainant and a possible solution.
- The complaints officer keeps the complainant informed on the progress of the handling of the complaint.
- The complaints officer keeps a file on the complaint.
8. Complaint registration
- The complaints officer registers the complaint and the subject matter of the complaint.
- The complaint may consist of various subject matters.